Info

Dirt

I have a 450 and 550 on them, not sure who much backing but more than enough. blood run copper. I think it gets so heavy on the fish when they hit that you don't need a ton of backing.

that is on the 60, the 50 I have 300, 350

Edited by scobar

Seagate 60:

500 copper with 150yds of 50lb braid backing

400 copper with 300yds of 50lb braid backing

Seagate 50 - I have a pair, but I'm not sure what they hold for capacity. I know I have 10 colors of lead on them, but not sure of the backing?.

Dirt,  maybe copy and save the the file, then open with excel. When I click on it, the file opens right up. Someone with more computer knowledge will be along to help out ,I'm sure.

Edited by J.D.

For what its worth.  My first copper rig was 2 years ago.  A Seagate 60 with 45# blood run super copper.   I only squeezed 400 ft of copper on with 200 yards of 40# power pro.  I do have a 30ft piece of 30# mono between backing and copper for boards etc and my copper to mono is a twist with a micro swivel.  Freshly loaded it was tight and the copper to mono knot just cleared consistently.  When used a bit things stretched/ settled in and its a bit better.   with no info I could find I was winging it and had to cut back on the backing and pull the copper off on the first try and drop the backing down.  I was surprised to see the 500 copper listed above.  500 though even at 150 yds backing (50#, mine is 40) I would imagine will highly depend on your knots I guess.