Big Water Wisdom, The Complete Trolling Q&A Guide

Pre-sale of Captain Dan Keating's latest book, Big Water Wisdom, runs through this Sunday, January 24. Special price of $19.95 (retail $24.95) free S/H US orders at www.captaindankeating.com this book is in a Q&A format and answers over 500 questions on all things salmon fishing. Whether you fish on a small or large boat, this book will make you a better angler. Nine chapters unpack all aspects of trolling including boat set up, tackle, lure selection, line spreads, tactics, impact of weather and currents, adjusting your presentations throughout the day and more! Drop date is Feb. 1, order your copy today!

BWW-low-rez-cover-full.jpg

• Like 1

I've read all his books, and I want to know - how old is that picture on the cover?

Not saying nothing, though. I'd take a few years and a pound of gray off the top too if I published a book. Lol.

Looking forward to the new read.

Edited by Gator
  • Like 1

Pre-sale of Captain Dan Keating's latest book, Big Water Wisdom, runs through this Sunday, January 24. Special price of $19.95 (retail $24.95) free S/H US orders at www.captaindankeating.com this book is in a Q&A format and answers over 500 questions on all things salmon fishing. Whether you fish on a small or large boat, this book will make you a better angler. Nine chapters unpack all aspects of trolling including boat set up, tackle, lure selection, line spreads, tactics, impact of weather and currents, adjusting your presentations throughout the day and more! Drop date is Feb. 1, order your copy today!
BWW-low-rez-cover-full.thumb.jpg.9763b27bc45deebd9a633f98de06f80d.jpg

Just ordered my copy. Great winter day reading. I’m an old timer on Lake O and still learning

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 2 weeks later...

I just received my copy today. I would like to thank this site & all the generous people that contribute to giving up knowledge freely or a small price to cover publishing costs of printing a book. I was exposed to the panfish art while I was a child by an Uncle through marriage. He also educated me on yanking copper for lake trout when my cousin & I were old enough to be almost trusted "netters". I still remember some big lakers that would balance on the hoop of the net, spit the spoon, and splash back in the water when I was a 10 year old kid. Big water fishing I was never exposed or taught anything on, even a starting point. Help from a neighbor that saw I bought a small fishing boat motioned me into his driveway one day. I left his garage that evening with 4 lake poles, 2 mag 10a downriggers, a lake trout lunchbox w/ peanuts & cowbells in it. All for almost free. Just wanted to pass it on to someone interested. For a guy that grew up with a non fishing father or grandfather, I've come a long way after I joined this site years ago. Thanks again for passing down the knowledge when I'm trolling around not knowing what else I can do or change to better my odds. Patiently waiting for Sk8mans book also. I want that Bible in my hands for sure.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 8

On 2/8/2021 at 3:07 PM, 2lbperch said:

I just received my copy today. I would like to thank this site & all the generous people that contribute to giving up knowledge freely or a small price to cover publishing costs of printing a book. I was exposed to the panfish art while I was a child by an Uncle through marriage. He also educated me on yanking copper for lake trout when my cousin & I were old enough to be almost trusted "netters". I still remember some big lakers that would balance on the hoop of the net, spit the spoon, and splash back in the water when I was a 10 year old kid. Big water fishing I was never exposed or taught anything on, even a starting point. Help from a neighbor that saw I bought a small fishing boat motioned me into his driveway one day. I left his garage that evening with 4 lake poles, 2 mag 10a downriggers, a lake trout lunchbox w/ peanuts & cowbells in it. All for almost free. Just wanted to pass it on to someone interested. For a guy that grew up with a non fishing father or grandfather, I've come a long way after I joined this site years ago. Thanks again for passing down the knowledge when I'm trolling around not knowing what else I can do or change to better my odds. Patiently waiting for Sk8mans book also. I want that Bible in my hands for sure.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Gonna have to wait in line for Les’s Book. I’m # 1 in line for that:lol:

• Like 1