Salmon candy

1 hour ago, sid said:

Anybody using Salmon candy flashers or fly's? 

Funny you should ask... I spent some time yesterday on The Reel Shot website browsing all of their customs including the Salmon Candy stuff. 

I have been yearning for some of those Salmon Candy flashers and flies over here on Lake Michigan. My buddy just bought a load from them...like 8 flashers and flies. They look and feel great.

Being the middle of the Winter, he has not tried them out yet and I am afraid that if I wait for Spring, they will be sold out. Guess I will have to bite the bullet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sid, I would bet those Salmon Candy flashers are Michigan Stinger/protrolls that Russ Gahagan customized. He sold his business to Reel Shot but is retained in some capacity.  

I did a quick search to confirm

https://m.facebook.com/pages/category/Fishing-Store/Salmon-Candy-677870145606034/

Edited by Gill-T

Before Russell sold to Reel Shot I bought all my Stingers from him at Anglers Avenue because I was able to get them with gold or copper backs. I feel like in the spring they out fish the standard crome backs. When he started Salmon Candy I bought a few 3 packs of flys and did very well and have since bought alot of his flashers and flys and I love his videos. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks [emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

If you don't mind waiting a month to get your order

Better off going to "Mad River Custom Tackle " e-bay store and  getting new die cut tapes for your own custom flashers

https://www.ebay.com/str/Mad-River-Custom-Fishing-Tackle?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I placed an order with Mad River on Jan 9th in his eBay store. Hasn't shipped as of yet. In fairness he does post it takes at least 10 business days before it ships.

Buddy of mine also ordered from him a couple weeks ago and is still waiting too.

Not a lot of stuff in stock this time of year. It doesn’t matter where you order from.  I ordered wire from alltackle and weighted steel from fishusa after Christmas. I am still waiting ......but it’s only January boys. Go ice fishing lol. 

I have fished some of those patterns when Russ made them on spinnies.  Stud and RGV chin music (green) have been great on a spin doctor blade with stud flies for me the last couple Julys.  Kryptonite has taken a few fish too but have not found the right fly to work best with it.  I haven’t fished opti blanks but assume they likely catch similar.  Think dragon slayer was one of his before being made as a standard pattern and that has also done well.  

• Like 1