conesus pike spawn???

Gambler, I'd appreciate spawn reports. It has become a rite of spring for a trip to the spawn show with my wife, kids and grandkids. Yeah, it takes away a day of fishing on the big water but we take rods and look for panfish off Vitale. Makes for a great picnic day with the family. Love to see those hog 'eyes. Thanks in advance.

If you go down West lake Rd to the end of the lake, you will see a DEC fishing access on the East side of the road. Drive down into the parking lot and follow the path. The path will lead to a small dam. That is where 90% of the fish will be sitting. You will see pike, tiger muskies, walleye (lots of 6lb. + fish) and carp.

Was at the inlet today. More northerns than 'eyes but definitely not loaded. Saw a few pike make it over the barrier. Seemed the 'eyes became more in number as we were there. Mostly smaller males but we did see a few BIG females. I think they will be in heavy soon.

Well we made it down there...that was pretty cool.Not used to seeing northerns NOT on the end of my line!Alot of walleyes and a few pike.Took some pics with an underwater camera hopefully they came out.Little tough holding it underwater(kinda cold) for any period of time while staddling a tree and log-we`ll see.Man it`s tough waiting for the opener.

My friend was also down there today 3-2-09 about 4:30pm or so he said there was a bunch of eyes, the pike seem to have had a light spawn this year unless they are running late but usually they are before the walleyes. Another guy I know said there was a bunch of pike running in the stream just east of the inlet stream a little further east up sliker hill road.