Podcast about "The Oak"

It's that time of year when things are slow and you're thinking about fishing Lake Ontario, so while you're in your car or hanging at home check out the podcast I did with Great Lakes Fishing Podcast about fishing the Oak.

Edited by Yankee Troller
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Zinger11 said:

Thanks you said you caught salmon 150" down what weight ball do you run tx

Sent from my SM-G970U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Down to 125' I will run a 15lb weight, anything deeper I go to a 20lb weight.

• Like 1

Rick,                                                                                                                                                                            Are you replacing the releases on your inline boards or using stock ones?                                                                                 Thanks

14 minutes ago, Houndog said:

Rick,                                                                                                                                                                            Are you replacing the releases on your inline boards or using stock ones?                                                                                 Thanks

I'm running the stock ones, but we are experimenting with the Sam's Pro Release.

Yankee and Dirty Goose great podcasts, well done! tons of information and very cool of you to share so many tactics. Yankee I vote that LO Lake Trout fishing should always be described as “ pile driving” ....too perfect!

gill-t has me watching the warmer-than-average fall lake temperatures. looks like maybe  ok weather to make a few Alewife this year.

March can’t get here soon enough 

50 minutes ago, schreckstoff said:

Yankee and Dirty Goose great podcasts, well done! tons of information and very cool of you to share so many tactics. Yankee I vote that LO Lake Trout fishing should always be described as “ pile driving” ....too perfect!

gill-t has me watching the warmer-than-average fall lake temperatures. looks like maybe  ok weather to make a few Alewife this year.

March can’t get here soon enough 

Are you guys going to be allowed to run trawls this spring Brian?  

My paper x15 Lowrance graph with some playing around with the controls marked fish down to 250 foot. Most graphs are not tuned to display fish real deep. On a bright sunny blue bird sky day in Lake Ontario the salmon go really deep but often rise up to feed on plankton feeding forage. This was found with attached devices that reported their daily depth changes.