Wire or braid?

Wire cuts through fleas that show up in drobes in July.  Braid will become a mess if you go through the fleas.

That's really the main reason people choose wire over braid.

Some also say wire has a better sink rate because of its density, which I do buy the argument on.

My conversion to wire low divers wasn’t about water fleas, however, if that is one of the benefits, great.

My conversion from braid to wire on the low divers was a potential electrical/acoustic signature difference, the sensitivity when you have a fish on, and the alleged deeper theory. All three of these reasons are hypothetical supported by anecdotal reports...but got hooked on the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I run braid divers some days the only thing catching fish. Some days cant buy a bite. Harmonics maybe. Friends catching on wire at 250 out on 2 setting same lure he gets bit i don't. Getting 2 wire sets this year and run side by side to see. 

You will want longer rods on outside diver- 18” to 24” anyway.  Besides flea resistance, the thinner wire tracks different and deeper than braid.  Wire requires care in using as you have to keep tension to prevent kinks/break offs.  Wire drag setting important too as it unforgiving- better to be on the loose side.

Wire on all four dipseys. Inside mags 9’ rods. Outside regular size dipsey 10.5’ rod.

This is for fishing down to 100’ or so and not too bad of currents.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, CK3080 said:

Wire on all four dipseys. Inside mags 9’ rods. Outside regular size dipsey 10.5’ rod.

This is for fishing down to 100’ or so and not too bad of currents.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Exactly what I'm looking for...thank you