Bay rats

We use the SS version 75% of the time. If we have to get in skinny water to chase the colored water (<6-8') then we switch over to the S3's. We've had really good success, after the morning bite, sliding out to 10-25' of water and pulling the larger LS. In my head I feel the fish can pick out the bait easier in the deeper water. We also tend to use the LS in dirty water. Again, in my head I feel the fish can feel the larger profile pushing more water.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Edited by Yankee Troller

44 minutes ago, fishinfreak said:

Long or short for spring browns ? I ordered some long shallow and I'm very impressed with the quality. I'm going to order some more . Also what colors work well on the east end . Thanks to all .

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I love the long shallows. I tend to throw a mix of bait profiles (LS and SS) out there and let the fish tell me what they want. I would say for me it is a 50/50 catch on LS to SS. Water clarity, water temps, and class of fish tend to influence the decision on what to run that day.

I'm newer to trolling browns on Ontario but used the LS last year with success. Picked up some of the S3's and SS designs in preparation for the coming spring. Can't speak for colors on the east end as I fish more west, but hear alot of guys using the goby patterns with success.  I couldn't get my hands on any goby bayrats until later in the season when I was done fishing shallow. Can't wait to get out there to catch some browns!