Occasional spring kings

I've caught kings in lake o tribs when I was younger but never experienced them in the lake. Im newer to spring brown trout trolling and am thinking I'll run into a king sooner or later when targeting browns. My setups are 8 ft diawa great lakes medium fast action rods,  20 and 30 series reels with 15 lb big game and12 lb floro leaders. What should I expect? Will these setups hold up to an occasional spring king? 

48 minutes ago, troutman10 said:

I've caught kings in lake o tribs when I was younger but never experienced them in the lake. Im newer to spring brown trout trolling and am thinking I'll run into a king sooner or later when targeting browns. My setups are 8 ft diawa great lakes medium fast action rods,  20 and 30 series reels with 15 lb big game and12 lb floro leaders. What should I expect? Will these setups hold up to an occasional spring king? 

Those set ups are fine. Prepare your stuff for finicky brown fishing and then adapt to the King bite. Dont over compensate for kings until you can justify numbers. My spring setups are Okuma Blu Diamond ML action rods w/ 30 Series Okuma reels. My planer board setups are spooled with 16# Blood run mono w/ 8-12# fluoro. If the King bite gets good (like it has the past few years) I increase my leader size 15-20#. Kings tear up gear but I tend to go light as I can until they start cracking me off.