Seneca National lake trout derby ,

Guess maybe might want to bring envelop with your info on it. Hughes marina has the envelop system and it has worked OK over the years

• Like 1

I would say to all the people out there "sitting on the fence" about entering "Go for it". The derby is a lot of fun, can be a great family event, and the odds regarding winning prize money is a heck of a lot better than buying lottery tickets stc.:lol: The lake may not be the easiest fishing these days but the challenge of it is what it is all about. A derby like this is not all about catching the MOST fish....it is about catching that one LARGEST fish out there and luck plays a role in it for everyone so everybody has a chance at it whether in small craft or large or with all the latest "gizmos" and electronics. Where else do you get a chance at $10,000 for just having fun?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sk8man said:

I would say to all the people out there "sitting on the fence" about entering "Go for it". The derby is a lot of fun, can be a great family event, and the odds regarding winning prize money is a heck of a lot better than buying lottery tickets stc.:lol: The lake may not be the easiest fishing these days but the challenge of it is what it is all about. A derby like this is not all about catching the MOST fish....it is about catching that one LARGEST fish out there and luck plays a role in it for everyone so everybody has a chance at it whether in small craft or large or with all the latest "gizmos" and electronics. Where else do you get a chance at $10,000 for just having fun?

Xs2!

• 2 weeks later...

Excited for the weekend! Not sure if I'll be able to fish all days, but I know I won't catch anything at home.

I've been watching the wind reports and the east wind for Sat/Sun should be interesting. I'm actually glad about it cause launching solo out of sampson with a 16' boat I'm thinking I won't get beat up as much staying on the east side of the lake. I wouldn't call myself a fair weather fisherman, because I've  gone fishing out of the boat in rain/snow/hail, but I guess I might be a fair-wind fisherman:lol:

Fishing wise, east wind probably isn't the best, but I'll be pretty pumped if I don't get skunked. 

1 hour ago, Mikeyman104 said:

Excited for the weekend! Not sure if I'll be able to fish all days, but I know I won't catch anything at home.

I've been watching the wind reports and the east wind for Sat/Sun should be interesting. I'm actually glad about it cause launching solo out of sampson with a 16' boat I'm thinking I won't get beat up as much staying on the east side of the lake. I wouldn't call myself a fair weather fisherman, because I've  gone fishing out of the boat in rain/snow/hail, but I guess I might be a fair-wind fisherman:lol:

Fishing wise, east wind probably isn't the best, but I'll be pretty pumped if I don't get skunked. 

You should be fine launching there pretty protected, can get to deep water fast and back off the lake in bad weather, some good spots nearby:smile:

• Like 1