Seneca National lake trout derby ,

hey guys, quick question 
where's the best place to weigh in fish, samsen or drive to geneva?

this is our first year in, and i've never fished seneca before so i just don't know where the most room is, i'll have my boat with me

Really depends on where your fishing and how long of a drive it is for you. You’ll more than likely have to pay to enter the Sampson park if your not launching out of there. Other weigh locations is Watkins and Geneva. Both are good and have room to park. If your close to the North end you could go by boat via canal to Stivers Marine. Sometimes it’s tight in there depending how many boats are in weighing. Other times it’s empty. Plenty of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

No fee to enter the park!!!!!!

Really depends on where your fishing and how long of a drive it is for you. You’ll more than likely have to pay to enter the Sampson park if your not launching out of there. Other weigh locations is Watkins and Geneva. Both are good and have room to park. If your close to the North end you could go by boat via canal to Stivers Marine. Sometimes it’s tight in there depending how many boats are in weighing. Other times it’s empty. Plenty of options.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Good luck fellas hope y’all catch some good ones today! Would have joined this year but been down and out due to car accident that happened in January! Hopefully get better soon so I can get some fishing in and catch up with ya guys this year!

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

I know I'm a but late posting but was able to get out the Saturday of the tournament. Got a late start out of Samson, but fished from about 11-6 without moving a rod. I had no expectations going into it so I wasn't overly disappointed.

First ran over to the west side of the lake and marked all sorts of bait. Couldn't believe the amount of bait in that lake. Wind picked up and me and my 16 footer ran back to the east side outnof the waves. Absolutely nothing over there where I was (south of the launch). Decided to try back over in the waves on the west side and it was rocky for me.

One question I have for folks is how do you fish for suspended fish? Mark them and make adjustments? I usually drag bottom with gambler rigs for lakers but couldn't get a good game going between the crazy contours and waves of the lake. I was literally watching my rigger ball bounce of the bottom and didn't feel like losing gear so I was just kinda winging it for suspended fish.

First tournament is in the books though so ain't mad at it! Glad to see other folks do well!

Sent from my SM-A515U using Lake Ontario United mobile app