new to downrigging

Where are you planning on fishing and how deep?

I agree with either torpedo's or Shark types weights, two members on here make these type, Troutman and Bikini bottom, check the classified ads

The currents on Lake O can cause havoc with pancake weights

Where are you planning on fishing and how deep?
I agree with either torpedo's or Shark types weights, two members on here make these type, Troutman and Bikini bottom, check the classified ads
The currents on Lake O can cause havoc with pancake weights

Agree 1000%. Pancake weights = tangles. They take on a life of their own in cross currents

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

I use torpedoes for trolling up off the bottom. If you will be fishing close to bottom (lakers) then you will want round balls. I wouldnt bother with much under 10 lbs unless you will be fishing very shallow. The blowback on the lighter weights when you get down 70-80 + ft is significant. Just got 2 15lbrs from troutman and they look great.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/6/2021 at 9:25 AM, frenchy 1957 said:

got  flashers lures 3 stx cannon electric  down riggers  got the   rods  just need  advice on  downrigger weights  ball  pancake or  fish  and how heavy

ok trout man has weights  gonna get some from him should i get  16 pounders or `12  torpedos have stx mag  10  electric max weight 20 pds