Super Sunday Morning on Cayuga

Thanks to Doc's Intel about the Taughannock launch I was ready to hit the water this morning.  Launch was clear but one area halfway to the bridge had a thin ice sheet that easily broke apart.  Ornery Southeast wind so turned North and had lines in the water a little after 8.    Slow, steady spoon bite and nothing on the dipsey.  Wind changed around and came in from the North about the time I was ready to turn around.  Decided to break out the long copper down the chute.  Barely set it and it fired.  The rest of the trip back was nonstop action so easy to stay warm despite the wind getting stronger.  At one point was working in a fish on the long copper and the dipsey fired followed by the rigger.  Turned out to be a quad as the rigger had fish on the terminal spoon and the cheater.  All fish were lake trout today, no sign of the silvers. A great morning to be out for February.

0207210746a.jpg

0207210825a.jpg

0207211115.jpg

0207211231.jpg

0207211231b_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

Good grill material

On 12/30/2020 at 4:28 PM, bobslivinski said:

1956 28 Apr - 2Lt Gordon W. Simonds killed in training flight when T-33 trainer crashed into Skaneateles Lake.  I was wondering if anyone has seen the remains of this aircraft on their sonar? My daughter loves looking that the side imaging on my Garmin. She has found a couple of boats but still looking for the T-33

Capture.PNG

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom fratick said:

Good grill material

Correct.  The one on the deck and a couple others its size are headed to the grill tonight.  The hanging one was bigger, what I consider smoker size (we have enough right now), so it and others similar went back in the lake.

13 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

Thanks to Doc's Intel about the Taughannock launch I was ready to hit the water this morning.  Launch was clear but one area halfway to the bridge had a thin ice sheet that easily broke apart.  Ornery Southeast wind so turned North and had lines in the water a little after 8.    Slow, steady spoon bite and nothing on the dipsey.  Wind changed around and came in from the North about the time I was ready to turn around.  Decided to break out the long copper down the chute.  Barely set it and it fired.  The rest of the trip back was nonstop action so easy to stay warm despite the wind getting stronger.  At one point was working in a fish on the long copper and the dipsey fired followed by the rigger.  Turned out to be a quad as the rigger had fish on the terminal spoon and the cheater.  All fish were lake trout today, no sign of the silvers. A great morning to be out for February.

0207210746a.jpg

0207210825a.jpg

0207211115.jpg

0207211231.jpg

0207211231b_HDR.jpg

Nice job!