Building a fillet board for back of the boat.

Hachimo

Been wanting a Fillet board for the back of the boat for some time now, but after pricing them decided it I’m just gonna make one.  So far so good.  Made it 42”x18” with 4” sides. Just gotta get two bases so I can slide it into my double rod holder.  I know alot of guys make these.  Any ideas what to use for a base? Was thinkin a flush mount rod holder for the gunnel, but there to big to slid into rod holders.

C5D81EB0-E3FD-4985-9531-327AD1AEC958.jpeg

Been wanting a Fillet board for the back of the boat for some time now, but after pricing them decided it I’m just gonna make one.  So far so good.  Made it 42”x18” with 4” sides. Just gotta get two bases so I can slide it into my double rod holder.  I know alot of guys make these.  Any ideas what to use for a base? Was thinkin a flush mount rod holder for the gunnel, but there to big to slid into rod holders.
C5D81EB0-E3FD-4985-9531-327AD1AEC958.thumb.jpeg.666e7b4dacd9ee1fe1c07456999939ae.jpeg

I used downrigger gimble mounts and drop them into Berts ratcheting rod holders

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United
  • Like 1

This what I used for mine, made it 4 years ago!! I bought 2, and I slide them into a pair of Berts adjustable holders!!!

Capt Rich

https://www.boatoutfitters.com/magma-levelock-rod-holder-mount

Did the same thing Gimble mount slid it into Bert’s ratcheting rod holders. Cut quarter inch slits in the back and the sides so water could drain out and cut a slit in the flat part to put my Knife so it doesn’t slide off

• Like 1

• 1 month later...