Had the lake to myself Saturday.

Brown trout fishing was excellent. anywhere i found a little colored water I had action.

Normal Rapalas on the boards right in close.

Broke my transducer off reloading as the launch had some big ice chunks blow in. :evil:

I launched at the ramp next to the USCG station. yes it is scary.

In fact the middle of the ramp has a hump. My crossmemeber in the front of the trailer was hitting it after the weight of the boat was on it.I had to back off(possibly when the transducer got knocked off) and reposiiton the trailer.

Anyone with a larger boat stay all the way to the port side when relaoding.

Two years ago i sheared off the bolt in my cross meember, probably 5/8 or 3/4.

Rod that ramp actually almost killed me 11 years ago.....Not going into details.....The Arnies one is good like Jolly stated and the one at the Southend at Bay Bridge Sports is decent......But yeah stay away from that ramp next to the USCG....There will be a dock there soon.......Woody.

Only one small problem with using those ramps further in the bay that day.....the bay was still frozen. At this time of year if you want to fish sodus the only option is the USCG launch. Even with the ice and busted transducer, it was still a great day of fishing.

I couldn't get out this weekend but i sure wanted to.

Any reports from Sodus?

I may head back up mid week.

Rod yeah I understand about the other launches...I am sure if the channel is open guys are out hitting the water....I am off until wednesday night...I may try the 14 footer one of the days this week....A buddy of mine has been killing the browns casting from shore so I may just bust out the rod and do some casting.....I love that feeling when a brownie stops the lure in mid-retrieve.......Woody.....

Rich,

I have not had much of chance except to see if the ice has melted off the boat this year, I am hopeing to get the boat out in a week or two.........I have been pretty busy with work...I may venture out for the LOC a few days depending on if Steve needs help with any charters....But I will mainly be fishing out of Sodus and Bear Creek with some fo the guys from the site.....When do you head West.......Dale.

Dale,

We will be heading out west on May 3rd and return the 8th. We will most likely be traveling 104 all the way out. It is not too bad except a little congested through Rochester for a few miles. good Luck, let me know if you are coming out.

Rich

Ray that is the Lake Ontario Parkway....Very nice ride to the Oak...Best bet if anybody wants to take it is take Route 104 to Lake Avenue Head north to the Parkway...Head West....It is nice and direct and very little traffic.....Woody.