Help choosing a Cannon

Tesoro

I am in scotty country so thats why I am posting here. I have 2 mag10ts and messing with the bad boards right now. I will get them working one way or the other. However I want to buy 2 new ones. I like the mag10 power etc and am looking at 2 new TS or just the regular mag10.  Does anyone know if there is any difference to them other than white paint and a ss spool?  I could care less about the color and assume that the composite spool works just fine. the 200 dollar difference is significant like 400 bucks less for a pair!

Yeah thanks I just finished comparing parts on schematic to double check. same drive gears etc. So paying quite a bit extra for white and a ss spool ! probably more for the people who color coordinate their gear with the boat! 

The new version is pretty neat because you can buy a spare spool for 40 bucks. load it up,  and swap out at sea incase of a major snafu.

Heck this is getting cheaper everytime I look. I have the canon ss swivel bases and I never use the extensions so the 5t is all I need. 

ps: have to look at how easy it would be to swap spools with the short stop wire attached to the spool.

On 2/20/2021 at 5:30 PM, Tesoro said:

I am in scotty country so thats why I am posting here. I have 2 mag10ts and messing with the bad boards right now. I will get them working one way or the other. However I want to buy 2 new ones. I like the mag10 power etc and am looking at 2 new TS or just the regular mag10.  Does anyone know if there is any difference to them other than white paint and a ss spool?  I could care less about the color and assume that the composite spool works just fine. the 200 dollar difference is significant like 400 bucks less for a pair!

The differences between them is the obvious white color and additional SS parts (spool and boom). I believe the marketing strategy behind the TS series is to gear more towards the salt water anglers. Besides those things there are no other differences. The standard spool and standard boom work just as good and IMO the SS just adds a different look and better durability. 

As for a retailer check out https://kmielectronics.com/ or https://www.hodgesmarine.com/

Cannon is also running a rebate right now on purchases made the first half of 2021

https://www.cannondownriggers.com/promotions?utm_source=ascent360&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cn_210119_Cannon_2021_National_Promotions B&utm_term=MjY3NjY5ODQzMzkxS0&utm_content=6517376&bc_hash=3f6729374855bb3b00398deb96643d76&spMailingID=6517376&spUserID=MjY3NjY5ODQzMzkxS0&spJobID=1180811304&spReportId=MTE4MDgxMTMwNAS2&fbclid=IwAR1HYw-zL1cvsrPJgEvL6G7vnDTIMiiVN-sc7rlCTc3bRqc867EXQQthQIg