Deans Cove launch ?

Haven't launched there in a month and went to the end of the dock to launch that day, (24 foot Wellcraft).  Lake has dropped about 10 inches since then.  If you have a flat bottom or small V you could probably get out provided the ice has melted.  This warm up might do it.  Perhaps someone on here driving by can update if it's still iced over.

22 hours ago, Reel Doc said:

Good news.  The dock was beaten up badly this Summer.  

It was beaten up bad by spring and even with a ton of complaints they still put it off forever. That launch during the peak launches 100 boats a day at times bringing in $800 a day in revenue. You'd think the least they could do would be keep it in tact for the folks that use it so boats aren't damaged and its not so hard to launch. Without getting too deep into it I really wanted to start a petition to see about getting them to put in a set of finger docks (or even 1) off to the side by the bathrooms so guys could launch them pull the boat over there while parking truck and warming motor before leaving so the next set could launch. The incoming boats could also drop off a guy go go get truck so pulling boats out was faster too. However seeing how long this took makes me think that'll never happen.

• Like 1

IMO, the single dock at Deans works well when all are patient and polite.   Adding more options there is likely to increase the chaos during busy times. Have had many launches and landings there the past couple years and could make a movie of bloopers from all the antics that occur there.   I'm amazed one of the big pleasure boats hasn't pulled a Rodney Dangerfield from Caddyshack and completely wiped out the dock and any boats in its way.  The boating/wine tasting idea is great when the driver is staying sober but that isn't always the case.

I have rarely seen any fishermen, (trollers, perch people,  or bass guys) be a problem.  I envy how fast those bass boats go in and out of the water,  and typically during morning launch, they only use one side of the dock, leaving the other for the rest of us to use.   99% of the issues are from inexperienced boaters and lack of patience from everyone.   Had to wait up to 45 minutes to dock during the 10-1 window this Summer as others coming in and loads of pleasure boaters heading out.   Very little etiquette from some with cutting in line or leaving vehicles in positions that block everyone else the norm.  A few times I wondered if the verbal exchanges were going to escalate to physical stuff.    None of it is a surprise as the same stuff goes on when driving cars on the road.   Rather than having someone checking weeds on props during the weekends, the park police need someone to manage the traffic and offer guidance/assistance for those prone to wrecking the docks along with their rigs.  

Just my thoughts but either way, glad to hear the dock is being repaired.

Sometimes you wish you could pull up a chair and watch the circus. Most troubled times for me are when boaters coming in are either taking over both ramps not allowing anyone to come out or boaters waiting in line are taking up the rd so you can’t get to the ramp to pull boat out. If that road was a little wider that would help a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Sometimes you wish you could pull up a chair and watch the circus. Most troubled times for me are when boaters coming in are either taking over both ramps not allowing anyone to come out or boaters waiting in line are taking up the rd so you can’t get to the ramp to pull boat out. If that road was a little wider that would help a little.

Really the place works perty good for what it is . Repairs are needed . If the other near by lake was decent fishing dont think it be so busy there . As for the bloopers to watch anyone can go to any giving ramp in this country and see a show .. Improvement probably kind of hard because of the size of the cove. Be nice to see the cove dredge a little deeper around the banks and a 2 to 3 foot wide dock put in . Would make a grate place for the charters to wait for the clients to show up and get their gear loaded . Dought it will ever happen state is to cheap. [emoji570]

Sent from my SM-A102U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Frogger said:

Sometimes you are there and get to watch the circus free of charge.   One evening last Summer we are about to head in and this big wide 30 foot plus pleasure boat comes screaming by us heading into Deans.  By the time we get there these guys are in the midst of trying to trailer this monster of a boat.  They finally get it loaded, but after 2 attempts, can't get it out of the water as the tow vehicle is an F150....well, they switch drivers and the second guy puts the hammer down and those tires start baking.  Thought he was gonna make it, but fishtailed and lost momentum so we were treated to second show.  The boys and I were laughing our butts off.

• Like 1

I wasn't disparaging the bass guys  just letting folks know that during tournaments a dozen or more bass boats park right at the confined area adjacent to the ramp itself and even out by the marker buoy waiting tfor the start making it difficult to get through there when you launch your boat. Mine is only 18 ft and  I had to squeeze through them twice in the semi-darkness of the early mornings.

Edited by Sk8man

It does in fact work for what it is and I do know bass guys do stage off to the side but I feel like there could be something done. A dock wouldn't block that too much. The biggest issue is the middle part of the days during the summer. Its taken as long as an hour to get back in for us before and it is really unnecessary. Its just a matter of time before a storm or something causes injury because of it because people can't get in in time.