Homemade Planer Boards & Mast

A while ago I posted how I adapted my front seat post to be able to insert my planer mast.

Just another idea If it helps.

The only thing I didn't include was I installed a piece 3/16 inch SS plate under the seat base for re-enforcement

Boat safe,

Egoody

I have just finished adapting my front seat post to be able to mounty planner mast in. After i figured what i needed for spacers. I bought a 3 ft piece of nylon 66 from McMaster Carr on line, that i cut four 8in long pieces from. It just happened that i could use a standard thickness they sold. 5/16 inch thick. I laid out where the spacers were to be mounted, drilled clearance holes in the post and drilled and tapped corresponding holes in the spacers. The spacer material cost about $6, pretty cheap. The last thing I did was to drill a hole though the seat post and the planer mast to keep keep the mast height where i wanted it and to keep it from rotating in the post.

Hope this helps.

Boat Safe

Egoody

Fitzwilliam, NH

post-152035-0-37781100-1455249940_thumb.jpg

post-152035-0-05827400-1455250030_thumb.jpg

• 4 years later...

For those of you running this type of setup on a small boat- are you running your rods on a tree?  its been a while since ive run a planer like this and it was on the boat i was working on.  much bigger then what i have to work with.  do these plane hard enough out from the support pole that there is room to work in the back of the boat?  guess the question im asking is about what angle do these run at from the centerline of the boat?+