for sale : usa Miller

Might want to try a couple. Please PM me with what would be a good mix of eight and what they would cost shipped to 14468. I fish south shore of O for browns, kings and bows.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

It wasn't mentioned  but those spoons are not really designed for trolling in the conventional modern way - they are for jerking copper on bottom (very nice job on them by the way). That is why the hook is set up the way it is to avoid hanging up on bottom. The spoons look great for that purpose but would not necessarily function well for other forms of trolling.  Sutton's also had versions of their spoons in that design long before the Miller's (e..g. early 1900's and before). The spoons are best used with a victrola box and single strand wire (or monel for some folks). Often a three way swivel is attached to the copper wire and a weight is suspended about a foot or so from the bottom and then a leader containing the spoon is attached straight behind. The sinker bangs along the bottom stirring things up with the lure trailing behind on the leader with the fish attracted to the commotion thinking it is a"vulnerable" target. Very much "old school" and very effective for  lake trout and the occasional silver.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 2

I fish NYC reservoirs and troll leadcore, no motors allowed, row power only. Millers have been my go to spoons for 40yrs. 22, 66 trouter and #3trouter, they are a little heavier than the flutter lites, the 22 was only in flutter lite so when ever I got a hold of the fixed hook 22's I remove the single and replace with a treble hook. All 3 are great for Browns or Lakers. Your spoons look great by the way. In my opinion those spoons with a swinging treble would be a perfect fit for spring Browns or Steelhead, and I would be interested in purchasing some. The #3 is a smaller version of the #22 just a tad longer than the #66. I always thought about what would happen if Miller went out of business, so I always over bought. Still have maybe 100 active millers and another couple dozen still in packages. But hey you can never have enough, my two sons also troll and I won't give them up, sorry boys, LOL  So your spoons would be a perfect fit.

Thanks for your commentary sorry for my french yaa not mutch fisher man still fishing whit those spoon in are contry we are only 2 fisher man fishing whit those spoons im stil got some boxe of stainless steel duro line williams that what im using to fish whit those spoons , i happy the good season coming have a good day 

Sutton made both a thicker (heavier like yours) version and a flutter spoon thickness version which have quite different action.  Your spoons Yvon closely replicate the heavier Millers and you've  come as close as any I have seen:yes: If you can lay your hands on some lighter (brass) metal the flutter version is really worth making too:smile:

copperjerking.jpg

I believe the lighter flutter versions may be about 2 mm or so. Sometimes one version over the other will be hammering the lakers  for some reason while the other is less effective at that particular time. That gives rise to the suggestion:smile: Either way it is a cool way to fish  and the technique used is critical as well. Sometimes people in the same boat will have radically different results because of it:lol: Best of luck out there.