Awesome weights

1 hour ago, Bad_Influence said:

Bought a set of the 12's myself . Can not wait to get them wet. I am think about putting an extra couple of clear coats on them to help preserve that beautiful paint scheme...any thoughts on that? 

Mine are five years old now and still look good. Just don't drag bottom! Ask me how I know.

• Haha 1

I've had three of them for several years and they are great and also three of Troutman's torpedos which also work great and hold up. We are indeed lucky to have these guys  making these incredible weights for reasonable prices. hats off to Rich and harvey:yes:

• Like 3

22 hours ago, bikinibottom said:

Thank you for the feedback! Now well over 1000 made! They are cleared three coats. If you would like to add more,I recommend krylon over Rustoleum. I have had the Rustoleum lift on me which led to totally stripping and starting over. Lol

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the feedback! If they've been sprayed 3x I don't see where any more will make a difference! Fish on!

4 hours ago, Bad_Influence said:

They are worth every penny...

X2 one of the better investments of your fishing money:smile:

The Black release attaches directly to the cable itself . The old style was slipped right on the cable and crimped to it while the newer version has its own swivel snap and attached above the weight. In that use the hole in the weight fin is ignored. If a different release is used it may or may not be attached to the hole in the rear fin of the weight.

Blacksversions.jpg

:smile: That's right from the dinosaur's archives:lol:  The third from left is actually a Black's outrigger release that I modified (guess for once I was ahead of my time) before they came out with the new release so that I could use it on other folks boats when I fished with them.