Any tips for Spring Kings on the Niagara Bar?

I’ve gathered a good bit of info from earlier posts, but wanted to specifically ask if there’s any tips you all would give someone who will be doing this for the first time?

Background - I have 2 rigger set ups, 2 braid dipsy (65lb PP), and 2 wire dipsy set ups, various bayrat mag spoons & 3.5 spoons, maglips, flasher/fly, and meat rigs. Also have 2 leadcore setups and rods for planer boards.

Any tips about timeline, presentation, depth, would be super helpful!

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I started a discussion a while back on this topic and it had some good info if you can find it and read through it. Were booked for weekend of may 15th itll be our first trip too. The tournament is going on that weekend so prolly gonna be a little busy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I started a discussion a while back on this topic and it had some good info if you can find it and read through it. Were booked for weekend of may 15th itll be our first trip too. The tournament is going on that weekend so prolly gonna be a little busy

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, didn’t see it. i’ll look again

Biggest trick that time of year is the water is not set up ..so spread it out..short cores to riggers divers , cover water you.will catch fish on deepest set and on the highest line. Info best on spoons but also get fish on deep diving sticks on boards and always toss a flasher fly in the mix.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Biggest trick that time of year is the water is not set up ..so spread it out..short cores to riggers divers , cover water you.will catch fish on deepest set and on the highest line. Info best on spoons but also get fish on deep diving sticks on boards and always toss a flasher fly in the mix.

Sent from my moto z4 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

thanks for this

• 3 weeks later...

Best piece of advice I have is to start with just a few presentations/rods and work up as you get more comfortable. Don't put out more than you can navigate with or land fish with.

If this is first time doing it, I'd run riggers and either the braid or wire divers.

Spoons early season seem to be generally best bet from what I've read, but I've only got a few springs under my belt myself.
I've had windy days where I just run a dipsy off each side and leave it at that.

Sent from my SM-G986U1 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Agree with all the advice above.  I'm heading over from Detroit on May 12th hoping to stay through the weekend.  Feel free to call or text and I can share whats working or not working (hopefully its working). I'm throwing everything I have at them, Riggers, Divers, Lead and Copper :)

Bob

248-910-1661