Need help with spoon painting

So I have been painting spoons with createx airbrush paints and doing well but need advice on glow paint recommendations. Tried using createx 212 glow base over fluorescent green and it won't glow even though the glow base seems to glow just fine. Any advice would be great thanks!

When I  do glow , I paint the spoon or flasher white first , then glow , then I mist  over the glow with the color I want . 

I just did a few with florescent green . 

Then the base glows through the green and makes the green glow  .

Then I spray lacquer over . I 

Made multiple times got a low glow out of them but nothing like a moonshine glow spoon going to look for another brand to try and advice will be greatly appreciated thanks.

I feel that a lot of the newer super glows are to intense . Especially in low light and early morning situations . 

For example , I like the older Glow green J plugs compared to the newer super glow models . Side by side I do better with the older . And it seems they  do better when they are in the water a while after the initial light charge wears off  a little . 

It's dark down there and IMO a subtle glow will show up fine where an intense glow maybe scares fish away . 

Mid day high Sun could be different story . But I still  feel any  light penetration to those deeper  depths hits that glow and makes it attractive as I've done well on those days with glow . Which is why UV works well mid day high Sun foR same reason .  

Agree with HB2 100%. The super glows don't seem to produce as well initially in dark or low light conditions, better after being in the water for a while and losing some of the glow. Super glow better in deep water, high sun conditions, but like everything in this fishery, there are a lot of exceptions because there are so many variables.

Charlie is the greatest. True Og and a wonderful man. At one point had the record steelhead, I bet it’s still proudly on his wall.
For twenty years plus he gave me the mahala sign as I passed his house going out to the lake. None better than Charlie.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• 8 months later...
On 3/2/2021 at 11:05 AM, hard knox said:

So I have been painting spoons with createx airbrush paints and doing well but need advice on glow paint recommendations. Tried using createx 212 glow base over fluorescent green and it won't glow even though the glow base seems to glow just fine. Any advice would be great thanks!

I mix powder into clear medium then paint over it

BB5B1CA6-B460-4DF4-B58F-FF289D078432.jpeg

013C6CFA-1073-4DD4-99AD-ED7874EF843A.jpeg

90A70543-7E45-42AA-87E8-08BF9DCE9CD9.jpeg