Olcott anyone?

Wind permitting, going to give her go on Sunday.  This time of year it is nice to have other boats out for safety reasons.  Olcott launch is free of ice.  Anyone interested in coordinating fishing times?

• Like 5

Wind permitting, going to give her go on Sunday.  This time of year it is nice to have other boats out for safety reasons.  Olcott launch is free of ice.  Anyone interested in coordinating fishing times?
I could think of nothing I would enjoy more than being back on ladyO, in open water ! But that's not an option at this point. I may pester a friend or 2 to get out there.... if it works ill let you know !!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

We fished olcott on Sunday and everything was good caught some browns and dodged icebergs in the creek on the way back in

Ramp was perfect, we first tried oak and  the ramp was too icy then tried golden hill but the plowed a snow pile in the road in front of the launch

54C6A066-E18E-42D1-9814-43F7DC7C85AE.jpeg

90D4F04A-F48B-4E6D-88F1-78E91B21B450.jpeg

973976A2-2EA7-4DBA-A0EB-4264ECD66741.jpeg

• Like 4

Water temperatures are the key to success at this time of year,. Snow melt from farm fields are exposed to more sunlight and that is the key. Dirty colored water has crystal clear water underneath it and the colored water shades strong sun light for the fish.

• Like 1

Sooooooo....I am out for tomorrow. Bummer!  My moor sub troll was having intermittent power to the head so I purchased a new power cord. I figured just splice in new one and good to go but when I tried to plug in the cord to the back of the unit the female end would not fit over the male piece. WTF. I was able to match a drill bit sized to the old terminus and reamed out the new female fitting (add joke here). The fit was tight and the black dot was showing on the display. Success!  Now just need to do my bilge pump check. Auto bilges good!  Manual bilge .....no sound. Check the inline fuse and it’s blown. Replace the fuse and retry. No sound, blown fuse. Houston we have a problem. I checked the pump and noticed the housing was cracked and bulging.  I must not have gotten all the water out of the lines and she froze. It never ends. 

5FBBAD0D-46A6-4165-9F41-E75027D9ADE5.jpeg

1CBE05DE-824C-40CF-B5B5-CB8969D7C507.jpeg

On 3/5/2021 at 6:22 PM, Born to Fish said:

i should have mentioned....

There was one other boat.

we got 7 in a few hours.

We caught a few on bayrats and rapalas, and 3 of them on 15a mother of pearl 

That was us in the Pro v. Good day, dodging bergs on the way in was fun as well. 

• Like 1