Washdown pumps

I just got a johnson 5 Gpm pump I think 70 psi off amazon for 160 on sale from 200. Recieved it today seems like good quality and had good reviews gonna install it tomorrow. It came as a kit with everything except tubing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I also bought one. installing it soon. I

think its this one

https://www.amazon.ca/Jabsco-Hotshot-Automatic-Washdown-Pump/dp/B00MYSSHSS/ref=sr_1_12?dchild=1&keywords=washdown+pump&qid=1614949634&sr=8-12

But i was sure to buy one with a pressure switch. That way when i'm on the water all i do is turn it on. When i squeeze the handle i get water. Close it, the pump shuts off (just like at home) a lot of them do not have that feature and stay on wether your using it or not, which i cant see being good for the pump. And it'd be a pain to turn it on and off every time you want to use it. 

Now a question. What hose does everyone use? i wanted to use a mini auto retrieve reel but havent found one yet. Dont want hose laying all around as i'm limited in space. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, MINNOWNITE said:

Now a question. What hose does everyone use? i wanted to use a mini auto retrieve reel but havent found one yet. Dont want hose laying all around as i'm limited in space. 

I use a 15ft RV freshwater hose from Wally Mart. Coils easily on a makeshift hook under the gunnel. And yes the pressure cutoff is mandatory.

• 8 months later...

I've had two of these seachoice hoses, one on my previous 28' center console and this one is on my new 32' center console. Very impressed with both of them. The metal in the nozzle portion of the last one started to rust a little over the 3 years that I had it in the ocean on a regular basis but it still worked great so when I bought a new boat I immediately ordered another one just like it.