Gambler rigs on cayuga

They basically work for lakers about anywhere. Everybody has their favorite color combos but I think it is the action down deep that they are responding too and they are deadly. Anyone that fishes for lake trout should have a few of these in their arsenal along with the Hammerhead cowbells ahead of them.

Edited by Sk8man
  • Like 1

I have run gambler rigs on Cayuga Canandaigua Ontario and Erie and if I'm targeting Lakers it's all I use. They work! Last year got to try out the death traps gambler makes and they worked great too and they don't pull near as hard as cowbells. I don't have a favorite color just whatever is rigged up at the time lol. Can't go wrong with gambler rigs for lake trout.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Do you run them tight to bottom

I have run gambler rigs on Cayuga Canandaigua Ontario and Erie and if I'm targeting Lakers it's all I use. They work! Last year got to try out the death traps gambler makes and they worked great too and they don't pull near as hard as cowbells. I don't have a favorite color just whatever is rigged up at the time lol. Can't go wrong with gambler rigs for lake trout.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Do you run them tight to bottom

Most of time yes...there are times I'll bounce them off the bottom on Erie. But I've also run them higher in the water column where the thermocline is if temp is right. Actually picked up a nice Steelhead on lake erie this summer and have caught a bunch of walleye on them too.

You can see the color patter on the cowbells in this pic.IMG_20200725_103714.jpeg

Anybody use these on cayuga with success? Colors and size used .

Here are my popular Cayuga colors in my product lines:

Gambler Rigs - most guys use regulars or singles

Lemon Lime

Alien

Pink Dot

Green Monster

Bull Frog

Death Traps - I sell a lot of both regular and magnum sized traps to Cayuga guys.  

Yellow Dew

Crushed Ice UV

Antifreeze

I have 2 new colored Death traps for 2021 in Carbon 14 and Seneca Special.  My new Gambler Rig color for 2021 is Glow UV 2 face.  It comes in Regular, Magnum and single.  I am waiting for a shipment of Spin n glos to come in for the Glow UV 2 Face Gambler Rigs in Magnum (3 left) and singles (currently out of stock.  Regulars I have over 100 in inventory.   Here are the new products.  

IMG_9670.JPGIMG_9671.JPGIMG_9673.JPGIMG_9672.JPG

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GAMBLER said:

Here are my popular Cayuga colors in my product lines:

Gambler Rigs - most guys use regulars or singles

Lemon Lime

Alien

Pink Dot

Green Monster

Bull Frog

Death Traps - I sell a lot of both regular and magnum sized traps to Cayuga guys.  

Yellow Dew

Crushed Ice UV

Antifreeze

I have 2 new colored Death traps for 2021 in Carbon 14 and Seneca Special.  My new Gambler Rig color for 2021 is Glow UV 2 face.  It comes in Regular, Magnum and single.  I am waiting for a shipment of Spin n glos to come in for the Glow UV 2 Face Gambler Rigs in Magnum (3 left) and singles (currently out of stock.  Regulars I have over 100 in inventory.   Here are the new products.  

IMG_9670.JPGIMG_9671.JPGIMG_9673.JPGIMG_9672.JPG

Brian,

PM sent