2021 Spring Salmon Derby

The St Catharines Game & Fish Association is proud to announce that the 45th Annual Spring Salmon Derby is set to run from Sat April 3 to Sat June 5 (9 weeks!!)

Some of the highlights include:

Biggest Salmon overall will win $5000

Biggest Salmon every 3 weeks will win $2000 & the 2nd biggest Salmon every 3 weeks will win a pair of trolling weights from POW. The 3rd biggest Salmon every 3 weeks will win a Silver Salmon challenge entry ticket.

Biggest Salmon in the Junior division will win a $1000 value fishing kayak from DAS KING

Top 10 overall prizes for Salmon, Rainbow, Brown & Lake Trout

Top 3 overall prizes for Junior division in all species

Members division prizes for all species

Early bird draw: all tickets bought by March 27 will qualify to win a set of rod holder trees from Moby Nick.

All tickets bought qualify to win a Scotty 1116 Downrigger. As well, everyone who places in the top 10 main leaderboard receives an additional draw entry.

For all Ontaro Sportfishing Guides Association members, the boat who weighs in the largest Salmon amongst 2021 OSGA members wins a 2022 Boat ticket.

All rules & details on our social media platforms & www.scgfa.ca

Tickets can be bought at Grimsby Tackle, Peters Tackle & online at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2021-spring-salmon-derby-tickets-142812589299

2021 Memberships: Single $20, Family $25

Launch Ramp Fees in Port Dalhousie: $15 Daily, $130 season’s pass (members) $170 seasons pass( non members) Ramp passes & memberships are available at Peters Tackle & Grimsby TackleIMG_20210302_080138_153.jpegFB_IMG_1614658111973.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G973W using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Just wish Canada would allow us to come into there waters. We usually start spring king fishing west of the Welland canal. We'll launch at Ft. Niagara and run west looking for warmer water. We never go ashore or drop anchor. My understanding is were still not allowed to do this. Last year was first I can remember that I did not get a Canadian license. Maybe you Canadian fisherman could put some pressure on your officials to let us back in so long as we don't go ashore. We used to get in your derby years ago. I know you have good club thats very active.

Its coming up fast. Wish I was optimistic that the border would reopen, but I'm not. Its ashame that there punishing us fisherman. As if were spreading covid. To much government in our lives IMHO.