Steel high slide diver...

So adding a few things this year and one is going to be a slide diver setup. I want to know if anybody who uses 19 strand wire really likes it. I want to try that anyway so might try it out but I already got 2000' 7 strand ready to spool up 2 rods so unless someone talks me out of it I'm going to run that. I've also never ran a slide diver before but ran every other diver so most of it should be about the same. My plan was to get 2 ultimate clear divers and run them with 25' mono then 8-12' floro leaders. I'd like to know if the lite bite version is ok for big flashers and meat rigs and mature salmon. I'd use it for walleye too and like for it to trip with a perch. If a lite bite will trip a perch and still hold a flasher I'd get it. If not I'll just get the regular slide diver. Should have already got this done. Putting away the ice fishing gear and got to get the boat ready.....the browns are waiting!

I use slide divers with braid for salmon. 60 lb. braid with 50 feet of 50 lb floro with a rubber bead stopper and big snap to my flasher. Then my meat rig.

Light bite work great for walleye but would not hold a flasher and meat rig. I’d recommend 2 of each. Light bite for walleye and regular slider for salmon.
Ps. I run rings for salmon.

Sent from my iPad using Lake Ontario United

I wasn't sure if it could hold a flasher or not. Some people say yes, some say no. Wanted to try it but I've been using regular dipsy's my whole life so tripping is not as important to me as not having false trips. I would use braid on this setup but my normal wire dipsy's are on 10' rods with twilly tips so was just gonna cut off a few feet of the messed up wire that I screwed up with poor storage and make those my high divers. Then get some 8'6" rods for the low divers. Then I'll be able to break down the long rods and just store them regularly and keep my low divers in 1 piece. The 10' just are too long to store in 1 piece on my boat and I normally only have 1 other guy with me so in my 6 rod spread I'd only have 1 diver per side unless we are chasing browns or walleye. Still need to run the rigger with the probe and paddle and I'd probably run another wire before a diver but when I can't buy a bite I buy more equipment to wash my ever growing collection of baits. Never know I might end up using these as my main divers and just storing the regular dipsy's.