Bear Creek Harbor launch

8 minutes ago, copperpin said:

Has anyone launched out of Bear Creek yet?  I checked it out last week and with the water so low, it looked real sketchy.  There didn't appear to be anywhere to tie off without destroying your boat.

My Lund beached itself back in January heading out of there. If the water is any lower now it might be tough to get out.

Thanks Rich, That's what I figured.  I was going to go down tomorrow but I'm not about to destroy the keel of my boat.  Maybe I should bring waders and anchor it in the creek while I park.  Wouldn't that be a sight. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, copperpin said:

Thanks Rich, That's what I figured.  I was going to go down tomorrow but I'm not about to destroy the keel of my boat.  Maybe I should bring waders and anchor it in the creek while I park.  Wouldn't that be a sight. 

I think you're better off heading out of the Genny. Still plenty of fish to play with, and you might learn something. Option 1 is just a rod bender spot.

Hughes marina might be open. They have a 10 per launch fee. Bear harbor use to cost $100 season non resident 

I never got to use the one I bought a few years ago.

Lake looks good out of Pultneyville maybe next week the lake will die down some

I stopped and looked at it. Even further down from the concrete wall and railing than last March. Hopefully the snow pile infront of the launch at Hughes is gone and they are open for biz?

Checked Hughes today,  snow pile in front “Deep” launch almost gone.   Lake so low, can’t tell if there’s enough concrete ramp in water to float my boat.   I’ll bring my waders next time and report.   

F1370B81-84B9-4B04-A528-71A1002B0C5C.jpeg