Daiwa Accudepth vs Okuma Cold Water

I have owned a few Daiwa's for years. I have had several Okumas but not the Cold Waters. I have several Okumas that the line counters are always giving me issues. Are the Cold water reel line counters improved? Other then that how do the two compare?

Thanks

I had a charter buddy run Daiwa Accudepth reels for wire divers over the course of a season to prove they could hold up, and they did. Daiwa's linecounter technology in that reel is the same as in the Sealines. It's been around forever. 

That being said I have no experience with them except for a few seasons where I ran them for Brown Trout set-ups.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Scalloper 1 said:

I have owned a few Daiwa's for years. I have had several Okumas but not the Cold Waters. I have several Okumas that the line counters are always giving me issues. Are the Cold water reel line counters improved? Other then that how do the two compare?

Thanks

I have almost all coldwater reels at this point minus a couple convectors for setups I don't use regularly... had some accudepths at one point and would compare them closer to the convector model from Okuma rather than the Coldwaters. I would say CW are more comparable to the sealine model from Diawa imo.

I used to have trouble with adjusting the drag on my CW reels, that issue was solved by a reel repair guy out of Rochester/Buffalo area (I can't remember his name). You had to flip some washers and replace another plastic washer (theres a big post on here someplace about it). But since then my CW reels have worked flawless and I believe the issue has been resolved by Okuma in newer CW reels. That said I would buy CW over the accudepths personally.

• Like 1