Oswego Ramp ice status....getting close

Get that bad azz trawler out their already! You need to start the next episode of Wicked Alewife.....or is it Real Alewives of Niagara County?

Edited by Gill-T
  • Like 2

Going in to Swega tomorrow will check ramp and post. No clue as to ramp availability later in season Hawkeye, but I’ll post conditions when I can.

Gill you crack me up! FYI we had some recent success getting permission to do the trawl survey, it has been an uphill battle! My Canadian colleagues are battling too. Niagara Co samples are definitely key, but as we know from the past 4 years equally important is North Shore sampling, fingers crossed the grey & the green boat get the necessary permission to sample CA waters this year.

Sorry we can’t accommodate ride alongs this year, stay tuned for next year. As always keep the prey fish observations coming, they are our best source of comparison and critique. Also, look for a report on all the salmonid diet samples you have collected (over many years) in this year’s annual report. 

Had coho cakes for dinner, man are those things tasty!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, schreckstoff said:

Going in to Swega tomorrow will check ramp and post. No clue as to ramp availability later in season Hawkeye, but I’ll post conditions when I can.

Gill you crack me up! FYI we had some recent success getting permission to do the trawl survey, it has been an uphill battle! My Canadian colleagues are battling too. Niagara Co samples are definitely key, but as we know from the past 4 years equally important is North Shore sampling, fingers crossed the grey & the green boat get the necessary permission to sample CA waters this year.

Sorry we can’t accommodate ride alongs this year, stay tuned for next year. As always keep the prey fish observations coming, they are our best source of comparison and critique. Also, look for a report on all the salmonid diet samples you have collected (over many years) in this year’s annual report. 

Had coho cakes for dinner, man are those things tasty!

Going with the "yearling plus" Spring Coho stocking should put a few more fillets in your freezer. A great Sportfish. Hoping all goes well with the trawls and the powers that rule allow full access.