Suggestions for Keuka Lake during the First Week of April

Hi all - 

I will be taking a long weekend trip to Keuka Lake during the first week of April. Going to be staying at a place on the water just south of Keuka Lake State Park.

I won't have access to a boat, so fishing off the dock only. 

I enjoy the "cast it out and wait" method. Would a sliding sinker attached to a circle hook and a live blue gill be worth tossing way out? 

Any thoughts/suggestions are more than appreciated!

There is a tackle shop there right up the same road the park is on (Fishy Business) . I'm sure the guy that owns it (Gerry) could fix up up with whatever you need as well as offer you specific advice. He is probably the best source of info on Keuka and has everything you need.

He is located at 3737 Pepper Road Bluff Point NY (607) 368-2306 or (315) 719-3673  (closed Tuesdays)

7 hours ago, Sk8man said:

There is a tackle shop there right up the same road the park is on (Fishy Business) . I'm sure the guy that owns it (Gerry) could fix up up with whatever you need as well as offer you specific advice. He is probably the best source of info on Keuka and has everything you need.

He is located at 3737 Pepper Road Bluff Point NY (607) 368-2306 or (315) 719-3673  (closed Tuesdays)

This is what I love about this forum...good folks

• Like 2