I bay launch

Does anyone have a clue when they are going to let boats starting using the launch?  I cant believe the entire area is fenced off last time i looked.  Love using the launch for early season access to the lake for trout and the bay for perch.  All that is needed is a ramp and a spot to park. 

I drove by last week, it looks like the new ramps aren't even in yet.

West Point marina at Braddock bay is a mess right now too. You can't swing a dead cat down there without hitting 3 or 4 pieces of construction equipment.... looks like a new sea wall and who knows what else.  I hope they finish up soon.

3 hours ago, J.D. said:

I drove by last week, it looks like the new ramps aren't even in yet.

West Point marina at Braddock bay is a mess right now too. You can't swing a dead cat down there without hitting 3 or 4 pieces of construction equipment.... looks like a new sea wall and who knows what else.  I hope they finish up soon.

Braddocks is a complete mess.  The point is 60 yds longer than it used to be.  The sand pushed between the point and the wall filling in the bay along the point.  It

1 hour ago, GAMBLER said:

Braddocks is a complete mess.  The point is 60 yds longer than it used to be.  The sand pushed between the point and the wall filling in the bay along the point.  It

Nice..... add the low water conditions and this spring should be fun. ... Can't wait until a few of of the big, twin screw V-8 go fast boats show up and use their deep draft and matched stainless steel props to dig a new channel

Nice..... add the low water conditions and this spring should be fun. ... Can't wait until a few of of the big, twin screw V-8 go fast boats show up and use their deep draft and matched stainless steel props to dig a new channel

You can see how bad it is in this photo. Another thing I noticed this winter that I have not seen in a long time was an ice wall all the way across the bay. The channel even had a high wall of ice that formed across. Sounds silted in to me!
IMG_9706.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Took a drive today. If the fence was down I could launch. 2 giant CATS in the lot.  The river is open but docks are short.  Question for those that go out of the river early do you go east or west.  I have fished out of the bay for over 40 years but have a small boat.  The spring scares me with weather as I almost didn’t make it back only being 1/2. Mile away in a freak storm.  If it’s nice I can run down and fish my normal bay to hedges haunts but if I am down that far and weather hits it would be bad.  Just looking for general areas.  Thanks.