Water needed

Dog and I went for ride today to take a look around . Seen a amish farmer turning over soil instantly I thought of that field dry enough for plowing already. Water is flowing in the creeks. To me not nearly enough. I Stop at Dean's cove ,wow very low water. I hate having a wet spring but send some rain lord . New lines on reels boat ready need to make a dmv visit . Looks like I did a hurry up and wait to go fishing. Going to Samson to take look there tomorrow. 20210311_141046.thumb.jpeg.c73844a12681d3d818ab2d0b79edf71d.jpeg20210311_140652.thumb.jpeg.d9512bf590d3a338d51740b6bb556eeb.jpeg20210311_140648.thumb.jpeg.cad36baf7ed1acea2aef0d1b5c68771f.jpeg20210311_140656.thumb.jpeg.7002bdb18edd2c7bb57d4b3fa0fcf4ac.jpeg20210311_140646.thumb.jpeg.206640dd04c544d0af9640da8617a923.jpeg

Sent from my SM-A102U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I dunno, the creeks and rivers around me are at the very  tops of their banks and threatening to spill over..

Mostly due to snow melt.

. Cayuga Lake is very low, I agree, but thats due to seasonal drawdown, not lack of rain...

We had a LOT of snow this winter, and in many areas there is still plenty on the ground, and the ground everywhere is saturated. I wont worry about droughts just yet...

Fisherdude take a few pictures at Sampson if you would please. With the new ownership do they let you launch now?  I was checking my gear and found this wear spot on a downrigger ball. I must have towed it a lot to wear like that. Looking at the colors it was probably one from years ago when I painted them all different colors to see witch color caught the most fish.

rigger.jpg

Sampson launch is clean and clear.
Water level is not drastically low like cayuga but is lower than normal.
SENECA Lake resorts launch fee I believe is 7 or 10 bucks.
Can buy a 2 or 3 day plus a seasons pass.
I believe the empire pass is no good at the launch anymore. The marina is beautiful...

Just a short fee weeks and we will be back home.

Nick

Fisherdude take a few pictures at Sampson if you would please. With the new ownership do they let you launch now?  I was checking my gear and found this wear spot on a downrigger ball. I must have towed it a lot to wear like that. Looking at the colors it was probably one from years ago when I painted them all different colors to see witch color caught the most fish.
rigger.thumb.jpg.516f781b0008f8a8aebaaa28862f8662.jpg
20200516_175153.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

I believe the empire pass is no good at the launch anymore. The marina is beautiful...

Nick

And Hector Falls is running real hard so I'm sure other tribs are too

Ditto, my feeder creek in my yard that feeds Catherine has the most water in it i have seen in 8 years. Ill be watching it like a hawk to see if any silver backs come running in!

Nick

Nick

And Hector Falls is running real hard so I'm sure other tribs are too

Sent from my SM-G960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

That's real good news Nick thanks for the update. My wife and I and dog were at the park a couple times during the Fall and that marina is the best I have ever seen in all my travels fresh or salt water:smile: