Vertical Spinners

I used run my own version of a segmented piece of rigged smaller vertical blades above the downrigger ball when targeting steelhead or smaller sized salmon when my daughters were younger. 

They have there place I have caught many a laker on a spoon behind them placed above the rigger ball. Also one day fishing for kings out of Henderson solo the fish were turned off i put verticals on both riggers with spoons 15 and 25 back and game on .A short time later a boat passed by and shouted you do realize your the only boat out hear catching fish . I was able to pick up 5 matures in 2 hours due to them pulling fish off the bottom .Like so many other things need to let them tell you what they want but you will never know if you don't try them .

Yep. I have put three riggers down with verts twirling and spin docs and flies 10’ back along the bottom for stagers and have good results. The idea is you put so much eye candy spinning down there you trigger the fish’s instinct to kill fleeing quarry when they are not actually feeding 

• 2 months later...