Where (Not) to launch this week?

28 minutes ago, Traveling Circus said:

Drebs....... I launched a 16 ' aluminum boat off a roller trailer at the Fort North ramp on Sunday morning. The N ramp is very shallow...... But there was enough water for me to get out. There are no docks...... You'll have to launch and load from the ramp. I never looked at the South ramp. 

Thanks very much for the info!

Both Ft Niagara ramps are miserable. The North ramp is practically unusable as its very shallow and no where to tie on to. If you had someone holding the boat after you launched maybe you could get out on the South ramp cause there is no dock to tie onto there either just the big posts that are in the way and have been like that for 3 years now. If there any wave action, good luck with that. What a waste of tax payer money, ramps that cant be used. Keep in mind these were the conditions about a week ago or so.

• Like 1

Just an update, We ended up launching at the youngstown public launch. It is free. trailer parking up the hill on Hinman Street. Water was very low and trailer was past the end of ramp and on to the rocks but it wasnt bad with 2 people. when we came back in we saw several people using the what I believe is the southern Fort Niagara launch. Looked to be a dock installed perpendicular to the launch there.Screenshot_20210411-133241_Maps.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1

Also stopped at Sandy Creek launch in Hamlin on the way home, and verified those docks have been installed (minus the one that runs parallel to the creek that guys fish off of). water was very low, but plenty of empty trailers in the lot.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app