April Lake Trout

I'm new to Lake Ontario here in Henderson and have heard some good things about the Salmon and Lake Trout fishing, I got some Cabela's Depthmaster 3 rod and reel combos, I have 4 planer board rods and 2 dipsy diver rods. I think I have a pretty good start with rod, reels, and planer boards and dipsy divers. I have two size 030 dipsy divers and 2 starboard planer boards and 2 port side planer boards. I have no idea where to find these fish or what to use to catch them. I heard that they catch them somewhere called The Trench and off Stony Point Lighthouse. I'm looking for some information on April Lake Trout. I'm not looking for specific spots or anything, just someone to point me in the right direction on where to find them and what baits to use. 

Thanks. 

Might be better targeting the brown trout. Stay in 5-25 fow along shoreline and troll small stick baits and spoons at 1.8-2.2 mph.
May find them anywhere from the cut to Oswego and even inside the harbor. Look for warmer water with some color to it.
You may also hit some lakers, steelhead, salmon and pike.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

On 3/19/2021 at 3:31 PM, FishingFool34 said:

I can't help you with April fishing up there, as I've only been up there fishing in the fall. But the trench is basically the area between the mainland (R.W. State park area) and Stoney island.  

Thanks for the info!

On 3/20/2021 at 6:48 AM, Kevin J Legg said:

Might be better targeting the brown trout. Stay in 5-25 fow along shoreline and troll small stick baits and spoons at 1.8-2.2 mph.
May find them anywhere from the cut to Oswego and even inside the harbor. Look for warmer water with some color to it.
You may also hit some lakers, steelhead, salmon and pike.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Thanks for the tips! Will definitely try that out!