Cayuga Current Cayuga Lake water temperature

6 minutes ago, codybuehler said:

http://www.cayugalake.cornell.edu/weather.php

Try this link. It’s from the permanent weather station in the water on the south end. Water temps, air temps, wind and direction. Turbidity too, but the inlet will mess with that a bit compared to the lake in general. Hope this helps!

Just FYI...the wind speeds here are in meters/second 10 meters/second is about 22mph

On 3/20/2021 at 6:04 PM, jimski2 said:

39 degree water is the same , top to bottom. That is the "the turn over" event.

Real turnover doesn't start till the surface temp warm up to 55 degrees down to 40 to 50 feet. we wont get these kind of temps till late may early June. once we get a real lake turnover we see some silting on the surface of lake. after turnover the thermocline starts to set up. warm water we get now will be around cloudy muddy water were you can find some stream run off. clear water right now is very cold. LT deep now RT LL and BT will be in close to shore or fish with down riggers up high.

• Like 1

Treman water right out from the docks is 2.9ft, canal along the east side goes to 8ft along the concrete, then go right between the concrete and red lighthouse it’s just shy of 4ft. Those all are below the bottom of my boat. I don’t have an offset programmed in. Don’t go west of the red lighthouse and concrete

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Thanks, I have never launched out of Treman. How was the fishing at least

Went 2 for 2 on Lakers and pulled it all up by 11. Wind picked up and waves were 2’ pretty consistent. One came on a flatline near shore, other on a flasher 100 down over 225’. Lots of bait spread around with fish just as spread out. The water temp was 2 degrees warmer than last week in the same area. It’s getting there.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United