Hudson river Stripers.. anyone want to try it?

I have a  decent 17 foot Center console with a 70 HP, and know how to drift sand/bloodworms for stripers... Its pretty easy really -2 oz sinker on a bottom swivel rig with a 3 foot leader and a whole sea worm.... Check sounder for  the depth most fish are at- If you see marks at say 15-20 feet, you let that much line out give or take a foot,. put the rods in the holder,  set the drags and simply drift with the current.. Some days they hit, some days they don't , and these are BIG strong fish..  From a pound or  two up to 30 even 40 pounds... Its  a good ride- 165 miles to Kingston NY, and sandworms are crazy expensive, probably close to $20  a dozen.. I plan on going down a few times in April and May.. Iff someone would like to give it a shot and share expenses let me know.. Stripers are dumb and not especially hard to catch, but these are  spawning fish, and some days, they are more interested in mating than eating just like  your average fisherman  under the age of 60 or so... In any case anyone interested please get in touch... bob

• Like 1

good luck with the stripers. My boat goes in the water for the season in 3 weeks. I am at the end of the Hudson in Raritan Bay and mostly troll for them. Come May I will anchor and use clams for bait. Yea, stripers are really dumb and easy to catch. Fun stuff