Quick intro

Hello everyone, my buddy put me on to this forum and I hope to steal some knowledge from other members.  I've always been a steelhead/bass angler but last year I gave downrigging a try on Lake O, out of Whitby, Ontario.  Man, what a steep learning curve downrigging is, it's completely different from anything I've done before, and yes I made my fair share ( probably too many ) mistakes last season.  I drive a 16'9" Lowe with a 90 4 stroke, great for calm days, not so great for choppy days.  I'm cutting my teeth on dipsy's and recently purchased my first downrigger, a manual Invader series.  The issue I was having was my narrow gunnels, too narrow for a track system, hopefully the Invader will solve this issue.  I'm taking baby steps into this stuff and hoping for a successful year, last year I caught 3 lol.  Anyway, have a safe year out there, may the fish gods be generous to us all.

Jason

Edited by letterman1

Welcome to the site.  No need to “STEAL” info.  Lol.  Lots of great members here with tons of knowledge that are always willing to help. Definitely look into dipseys. I started with just riggers.  Didnt want to overwhelm myself with the learning curve. Dipseys are easyto use and When I incorporated them in my spread my numbers more then doubled.  
Best of luck this season. 

• Like 1