Dipsy Divers

Have you fished with both inline boards and a large planer/mast system?   Depending on your tastes determines which to get.  I tried both and really prefer the big board setup as I didn't like to deal with removing the inline in the middle of landing fish.  Feel like there are other advantages when working a spread too.  Downside is you cant make quick turns or else tangle City......I still have some inlines that had little use so PM me if you want to try/buy them.

Have you fished with both inline boards and a large planer/mast system?   Depending on your tastes determines which to get.  I tried both and really prefer the big board setup as I didn't like to deal with removing the inline in the middle of landing fish.  Feel like there are other advantages when working a spread too.  Downside is you cant make quick turns or else tangle City......I still have some inlines that had little use so PM me if you want to try/buy them.
Hi
Thanks for your advice. I am fairly new to this. I am trying to learn as I go since I retired. I have a mast that I haven't used yet. If the inlines work with a mast I would be interested.
Thanks Jerry

Sent from my SM-S102DL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

My mast is up front as well.  Did you mount it with a backer plate?  As for boards, any can work.  I started with these SuperSkis and graduated to the Amish Outfitter boards as they track better in rougher seas.  Some use Otter boards and some guys have homemade.  Whichever you choose the snubbers are a good idea to take torque off the mast if its a little rougher water.  

0321211608.jpg

Screenshot_20210326-074601.png

Super ski is still the best if they still make them. mine sit in the basement now.  what I like about them they go out to the side with very little pull on the mast. I could pull small divers off them too. what I didn't like about them. in very ruff water. the boards dive down when I made a sharp turn in ruff water. I hardly use them on the fingers lakes. I use them mostly for Lake Erie walleye fishing. I have the small board too. they work but I think there very over priced for what you want them to do.  you can take a small noodle foam cut it up to the right length you want and run your deep diver off this setup. I use the deep six the magnum one that can dive to 100 ft. I let the foam back far enough away from all other lines. it caught fish. 

• 3 weeks later...