Braddocks

I thought that last year after the channel was dredged that the channel depth was 4 to 6 ft?  So even with the level down shouldn't there still be 2-4 ft of depth thru the channel?

For the gentleman that bottomed out with your jon boat, did you bottom out in the channel?  Farther back in the bay?  Or out in the lake past the last channel marker?

Just curious.

I have a 21 ft Crestliner and obviously am worried about launching/trying to get out in the lake to fish.

Forecasts are for the lake to rise 11-12 inches by mid April, if that is any good news.

12 hours ago, Mrm31790 said:

Why is the water so low

With low snow pack through the season and combined with them letting out so much water through the gates for the last year because the water was so high previous years. 

It was through the channel markers out to the lake. The bay itself was 2 to 3 feet-ish.

Was low water towards the end of ice fishing.

I thought that last year after the channel was dredged that the channel depth was 4 to 6 ft?  So even with the level down shouldn't there still be 2-4 ft of depth thru the channel?
For the gentleman that bottomed out with your jon boat, did you bottom out in the channel?  Farther back in the bay?  Or out in the lake past the last channel marker?
Just curious.
I have a 21 ft Crestliner and obviously am worried about launching/trying to get out in the lake to fish.
Forecasts are for the lake to rise 11-12 inches by mid April, if that is any good news.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Dredge is out and working. Today looked like it was north of the channel.
They may affect the level in the channel but to think dredging the sand bars lakeside will hold is a little funky.
Hopefully the lake goes up a foot soon.
Currently at least half the slips in the bay are basically useless although mostly paid for.
Should be an interesting year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Braddocks is the worst, however being 5mins from home, Its nice to have it slipped there. Gibbs seems to be putting an honest effort in to make it better year after year.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 3/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, MrKato said:

Just curious.

Braddocks will not be a viable port until the Break wall has Jetties added to it.  On the lake side of the break wall, there is acres of sand just waiting to get dumped into the channel.  They can dredge it out all they want and it will continue to fill in when the lake is rough.  East and Northeast winds will fill it in quickly.  

• Like 1