FNG

New to site been a lurker for a few years. Decided to join and give back from some of the knowledge i have received. I am a west coast salmon guy with experience on Columbia River out to buoy 10, Puget sound and out past strawberry rock in the San Juan's. Mainly downriggers and fathom master/deep sixes. Salmon, sturgeon, walleye, and haibut. Been learning from this site about Cayuga mainly and some other finger lakes and seeing the differences in west/east trolling methods has been a lot of fun. Hi to all and look forward to seeing you on water.  I have a 21' Red Willie Raptor so if you see me swing in and say hi. Just a little introduction now to the good stuff.

Fished out of Ithaca Alan Treman marine.  Arrived at 0700 to a balmy 20 degrees.  Water was skinny with about 1.5 -2' out past docks.  Used kicker to get out. Be careful pretty shallow however waters come up 1' since Saturday (380')  last i saw it up 381" and some change..  Surface water temp was 34.5 - 41 degrees. Piss whole froze up took me a minute to realize it was just froze on main motor and after 10 minutes started discharging always a good feeling. Trolled east and west 25-100" shore right out of Ithaca, barley any bait few signs of life.  Missed one on west shore. Strolled up to salt plant and Myers light house caught one 5 lbs. brown 25' 5 color lead core on silver/orange stinger.  Lots more bait more fish lost another one and went home.  Not much traffic.  Was running 2 lead cores, two dipseys and two planners covering 40" on up concentrating on shallows and docks. Sticks and spoons fished 4 hours 1/3 on fish it was a gorgeous day.

Funny thing one poor soul was coming back into canal as we were heading out and asked us how to get mud out of his new Evinrude.  OUCH!  Ive been wondering if it was just his tell tale frozen. Was a new Alumacraft with 150 or so Evinrude.  Also went left at wall instead of right.  Anyone want to own up to it? LOL 

Welcome aboard Chinooky.  Lake level will keep rising over the next few weeks so launch and returning will keep getting easier.   Look forward to reading more reports as the number of boats out on the water tends to be many many more than posted reports here.  Good luck out there and perhaps our paths will cross.

• Like 2

Welcome!!
I recently relocated here from northern California (8-2019) and am so glad. The fishing out here is fantastic! Fish grow big out here. I usually fish Canadaguia lake and cenesus lake. Have yet to hit the big lake. I have a 2020 tracker deep v 17.5 ft.
Cheers
Max

Sent from my LG-H872 using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• Like 1