Browns outta Hughes 3/20 & 3/21.

Some good action aboard Esther II on browns this weekend. The bowmount installed by L&M continues to prove its worth as a precise trolling tool. Clients were elated and overwhelmed Saturday and not so much Sunday when calm water , lotta boats and an easterly breeze made for a negative fish mood

DD5293C2-4C46-411E-82F2-9DCF2B689F11.jpeg

ACBE0C49-C245-445F-B061-31CA2F09DA11.jpeg

EB51416D-8158-49DD-8095-A515D9358D23.jpeg

117E8CB4-D32C-470A-8998-42A2833C9142.jpeg

D187EC56-8E53-4C95-8490-CA26457DC606.jpeg

• Like 5

Economical basspro jointed minnows in black/silver were hottest stick. Best spoon off the riggers was the small copper confusion .

Edited by chowder
Spelling

No one had been out of the Left side (deeper) launch when we got there. A couple boats had clearly been put in on the right side. We got out ok using the right but pulling out was difficult. On Sunday people were obviously using the left side and so did we. Water is low but left side was not  bad at all. You want a challenge-launch and pull out at Lewiston solo while the ice barricade is still in place :o 

Edited by chowder

2 hours ago, chowder said:

No one had been out of the Left side (deeper) launch when we got there. A couple boats had clearly been put in on the right side. We got out ok using the right but pulling out was difficult. On Sunday people were obviously using the left side and so did we. Water is low but left side was not  bad at all. You want a challenge-launch and pull out at Lewiston solo while the ice barricade is still in place :o 

Thank you for the reply.

I have been fishing west of pultneyville sort of slow .clear water 38 deg water

were you fishing east of Hughes?

Thanks for lure selection

tomorrow looks good now all i need is a crew to help, solo doesnt like boards

thanks

john

10 hours ago, john1947 said:

I have been fishing west of pultneyville sort of slow .clear water 38 deg water

were you fishing east of Hughes?

Thanks for lure selection

tomorrow looks good now all i need is a crew to help, solo doesnt like boards

thanks

john

Saturday we found fish in the warm water discharge from the plant which that day extended out at a NW angle and then curled around the western shore outcropping in a clockwise pattern. Top temp was 43 degrees. Sunday, the same pattern was in effect but a small and determined bunch of boats crisscrossed that patch of water relentlessly to no effect. Sunday saw a very calm sea and a East breeze. All of those factors appeared to create a negative fish mood and scattered fish. Only thing that only worked (to a small extent) was to get well away from everybody out in 50 fow.

Edited by chowder

Fished out of Hugh's this morning for about 2 hrs, only caught 1 Brown in 20' Had 3 short strikes. I used the right ramp ( Facing Ramp from shore). I had no problem but I have a 16' deep v so not sure about bigger boats. Black and silver jointed Rapala is what worked, also used perch color Jointed Rapala, it was the short strike lure. Water was crystle clear with less that 1 footers out to 30' depth.

I think this will be an interesting thread , especially for guys trying to get a handle on what factors come into play with browns in a particular location. Let’s keep it going