3=25-2021 Owasco

johnnywalleye

Nice catch! Would you expect to find them shallow and spawning this time of year? I also see reports coming from Erie of catches in 60' of water but that is a different animal. I am planning on Cayuga tomorrow and was thinking of playing the shallow card. Thanks!

2 hours ago, regulator said:

Nice catch! Would you expect to find them shallow and spawning this time of year? I also see reports coming from Erie of catches in 60' of water but that is a different animal. I am planning on Cayuga tomorrow and was thinking of playing the shallow card. Thanks!

smaller fish seem to like shallower water,is my experience until the spawn,which will be mid to late april;

John, thanks for posting! I always enjoy and appreciate your post. What is that your using for bait? I just set our boat up with a Hummingbird fish finder and hope to find a few perch this spring. I'm an old timer at 76. Last year all we could catch was rock bass... [emoji846] Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

1 hour ago, Long time fisherman said:

John, thanks for posting! I always enjoy and appreciate your post. What is that your using for bait? I just set our boat up with a Hummingbird fish finder and hope to find a few perch this spring. I'm an old timer at 76. Last year all we could catch was rock bass... emoji846.png Thanks!

Sent from my SM-S205DL using Lake Ontario United mobile app

fatties and sliders

One lake West this morning. Good mix of avearge and larger fish. Plenty of dinks and pickerel. Surface temp was around 46 where we fished, a mile south of the pack. First time fishing here and no complaints. Ended up with enough for a couple dinners.

20210327_151453.jpg