Depth raider and Fish hawk

BC FD

44 minutes ago, guffins fisherman said:

DR needs a coated cable to send the info up to the antenna mounted on the rigger boom. FishHawk sends the info wirelessly to a 'ducer on the transom. Both have pros and cons.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Lake Ontario United mobile app

Guff;

wondering what your con's for the fish hawk are?

tks

john

A con are significant if you try to use a transducer with an overlapping frequency. A transducer frequency difference of +20 is required or in the case of multi frequency scanning system you will need to program the system to stop the usage of the common range. It is important to understand that a transducer with a published frequency of 50 may vary +/- the publicized frequency. The fishawk is 70+/-])

Sent from my SM-J737V using Lake Ontario United mobile app

FishHawk Pro's - wireless transmission, no coated cable needed

FishHawk Con's - Severe Blowback can have issues getting signal, Data not as stable as a coated cable probe ( sometimes can go a few seconds without any data on display - sometimes can have false readings)

Depth Raider Pro's - Data very stable with coated cable

Depth Raider Con's - Coated cable has more blowback usually, loss of signal at extreme depths

We run both on our boat at the same time.  I base my King program off the FishHawk and monitor the top of the break with the DR.  Our Brown trout program is based of the DR - stability and accuracy of the signal and data to me is of paramount importance when BT fishing so when fishing for BTs in the summer the DR get's the nod. 

• Like 2