Cayuga

Fasten your seatbelt.  South wind in the forecast means a bumpy ride.

With the lake warming fish could be anywhere.  I havent been out in a few weeks but back then some silvers and lakers in the shallows.  All Winter you could find lake trout in 80 feet or deeper and if you found them they tended to favor flies over spoons.  

Good luck and tell us how you do for better or worse.  Reports have been scarce lately 

Incidentally caught a laker this morning while perch fishing. Didn't horse him and was released in good shape. My partner was reeling up a perch which was almost breakfast for this one. Jig and fathead minnow on 6 lb. test line.

_Resized_20210327_113317(1).jpeg

• Like 3

Fished out of Long Point Tues........sent dipsies down 99ft. .."caught 3 big lake trout in two hours.  #61 Sutton spoons. Temp. 37.1 degrees.....COLD......watch out for south winds......they are brutal.

Glad you asked LOL. Perch fishing was decent in 16' of water on North end. Ton of boats out Saturday. Good mix of average and larger fish with plenty of dinks and pickerel. Kept 37 perch between 2 of us. Appears that the spawn has not started, as the females still had eggs.

• Like 1

All good LOL. First time I ever fished Cayuga for Perch. Was not really that big of a mystery as it turns out, as they seem to be in good supply. We fished a mile well south of the pack and found fish. As for Oneida, I struggle on the walleye with the exception of canal fishing in the spring, or ice fishing. Used to have great luck there early summer in 14-22 FOW bottom bouncing crawler harnesses on the east end. Probably not much has changed in that regard, but have just not fished it much the pasr

• Like 1