2021 Turkey

Tommy took a a young man and his father out this morning and was fortunate enough to get him not only his first bird but his first experience hunting.

Pretty cool stuff. IMG_4849.thumb.JPG.62451f110f940cfa3110664b1f081471.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 9

Had another great morning with 2 longbeards kicking the decoys... She has been fortunate to see some pretty awesome things so far and make good shots as well,  Im proud of her!!!! Mom gets credit too as she roosted them while we were at softball practice. 

Congrats to everyone!

NY Youth.jpg

NY.jpg

Edited by steelie
  • Like 9

Sat my brother Keith in afield I had scouted and had set up a blind in. He will be 76 years old in July. He also had quadruple heart bypass 2 years ago and both knees replaced since then. Very glad I could put him on a bird.IMG_2467.thumb.JPG.c5a7a411d2e7a2e3aaa13f7bcf50edfd.JPGTom flew down across the field and strutted. 2 hens flew down closer to him. Tom ended up coming to 40 yards and he flattened it. No decoy and he never made a call. Guess I had him wired.

I passed on a Jake at 15 yards and a Tom about 55 yards and was only about 300 yards behind my house. Saw them crossing the field there last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

There was even snow on the groundIMG_2470.thumb.JPG.8943f259ad78c53f9e9330c5f2e0efdd.JPG

• Like 7

Tommy got it done with his bow this morning. I was in the blind till 830 but had to go to a meeting. Had an old hen in front of me for a half hour.
Tommy went to the blind after I left and the Tom’s came out a few minutes later.
He captured the whole thing on video but unfortunately it’s way too technical for me to upload lol. Frogger I sent you the video lol. IMG_2519.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

• Like 9