Canandaigua wind recommendations

You should be OK at that end of the lake. The steep  hills there block a lot of the wind until you get a few miles down the lake.

3 hours ago, Sk8man said:

You should be OK at that end of the lake. The steep  hills there block a lot of the wind until you get a few miles down the lake.

Thank you Sk8man. I Have not fished there since the late 80;s and don't remember how the wind works there.

I might add that I fish that end a lot in my 16’ boat. You will be restricted to the south end because the wind gets funneled between the hills. Do not expect to make it down to vine valley if the wind is 15, but if you intend to fish up to and around the drop off, you should be ok.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, adesalvo said:

Post your report is you go! I am thinking of going out Saturday morning if the brown bite doesn’t pick up on the big O 

Sure thing, I'll post a report. Where have you been fishing on O? I may go out of Hughes Marina on Friday. Caught a couple last week there.

14 minutes ago, Doug N said:

Sure thing, I'll post a report. Where have you been fishing on O? I may go out of Hughes Marina on Friday. Caught a couple last week there.

I fished from Webster park to ibay Saturday pm and picked up a few browns first time out. Water is gin clear though and making fishing for brown tough.  

FB444830-4AA0-4356-B4C5-130C7FA0F81F.jpeg

• Like 1

It was clear as an aquarium last week at Hughes and we weren't catching anything form 8' thur  18'. Moved out to 25' and the water had a slight tint and that's where they were. We marked fish in shallower but no takers.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2021 at 4:50 PM, adesalvo said:

Post your report is you go! I am thinking of going out Saturday morning if the brown bite doesn’t pick up on the big O 

Didn't make it out yesterday, my nephew bailed at the last minute. Hoping to get out Monday/Tuesday. If you are fishing Canandaigua today please post your report.