Shakedown cruise this afternoon....Gin clear out to 25. 41F everywhere.  Not a mark on the screen, moved out to 50 feet, blank screens....but I got the dust washed off alot of gear.

Does the North wind have an impact? Is that why it was so cold compared to other days and did that keep the fish out deeper?

• Like 1

Shakedown cruise this afternoon....Gin clear out to 25. 41F everywhere.  Not a mark on the screen, moved out to 50 feet, blank screens....but I got the dust washed off alot of gear.

Does the North wind have an impact? Is that why it was so cold compared to other days and did that keep the fish out deeper?

East wind brings in the cold clear water fast

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

On 4/10/2021 at 5:42 PM, maisie said:

how was the launch? I have a 17.5 Starcraft superfisherman.  and i wonder if i can launch there

You do know about the launch being a Town of Ontario thing though I assume?  You'll have no issue with your Starcraft, but you will with the Town if you don't have the correct permits.  Here is a link describing what you'll need to keep everyone happy.  BTW: we launch big Grady Whites out of there.  It's a nice launch.

https://ecode360.com/10665032

3 hours ago, maisie said:

I live in  the town and do get the permits every year.  Supposedly this fall they are going to upgrade the launch.  Army Corp of engineers has given them the ok

Perfect!  Just wanted to be helpful.  I've seen people come to the launch and get in a bit of a jam.  You'll have no problem with your Starcraft.  Just take a look at the wave heights beyond the creek mouth before you go out too far.  That's kind of a rough water area once you leave the creek.

Tight Lines!