New Youth Deer Hunting Age 12-13, County Opt-In

spinfly

I think a key will be to contact your respective county legislator to make sure it is on their radar, the more noise the better chances of the county passing it. Unfortunately I could see some counties not opting in, for no particular reason.

Looks like quite a bit of fine print. And if I read the Dec website correct. There is no prevision the 12-13 year olds to hunt during the youth hunt weekend. Any one else read the fine print and agree with this before I call and complain lol

Looks like quite a bit of fine print. And if I read the Dec website correct. There is no prevision the 12-13 year olds to hunt during the youth hunt weekend. Any one else read the fine print and agree with this before I call and complain lol

I wouldn’t worry just yet. It seems everything is still new and their trying to figure things out. No reason why they wouldn’t include it in the youth hunt. If you do get some info though post it, I’ll do the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United mobile app

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, spinfly said:

Just looked up and saw that Monroe County is having a public hearing on the matter July 13th: 

I hope it goes through.  My kid can hunt in Orleans but Monroe county would be good too!  More options! 

• 4 weeks later...

Great news!!! Finally this state has made a good decision! IMO there shouldn't be an age at all, as long as they are accompanied by an adult, let them hunt. This day an age, even 12 years old they are already molded into what they want and are going to do. The early they can get out there and enjoy the outdoors with us the better!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...