Genny question

I have fished out of the IBAY launch for many years and normally head East to ship builders down to hedges.  Since the IBAY launch is hosed and I am fishing out of a smaller boat thinking of heading out of the river.  Its not that long of a run but after getting stuck in one of the worst storms a couple years ago I am a little concerned running down to the bay as most storms come in from the West.  Is fishing in front of the ponds good this time of year?  Is the shoreline between the river and bay decent?  I know to look for green water and fish between 7-25 foot pending sun and water color.  Just looking for opinions.  I hope the launch is open sooner than later.  Thanks for any suggestions. 

I have fished out of the IBAY launch for many years and normally head East to ship builders down to hedges.  Since the IBAY launch is hosed and I am fishing out of a smaller boat thinking of heading out of the river.  Its not that long of a run but after getting stuck in one of the worst storms a couple years ago I am a little concerned running down to the bay as most storms come in from the West.  Is fishing in front of the ponds good this time of year?  Is the shoreline between the river and bay decent?  I know to look for green water and fish between 7-25 foot pending sun and water color.  Just looking for opinions.  I hope the launch is open sooner than later.  Thanks for any suggestions. 

Could go out of Hughes. Troll west and roll back if it kicks up

Sent from my iPhone using Lake Ontario United

Follow the water. Genny or other larger tribs are a good place to start as they usually put out some color through April. This year being a dry year with low water, I-bay and east may be too far out of the Genny. Other areas may be good right after a significant rain or wind event but if there is nothing to murk the water up it is going to be slim pickings in clear water. Good luck.